Did you know that healthcare generates millions of tonnes of waste annually and has a higher CO2 footprint than aviation?
We are looking for individuals who have an idea of how to change this!
ANYONE – ANYWHERE – ANY IDEA
With our Green Health Challenge, NLC will support you so you won’t have to implement your impactful idea on your own.
Apply to the Green Health Challenge
1st December 2022
WHO IS NLC?
NLC is the European Healthtech Venture Builder. Our mission is to advance health by making impactful medical technologies accessible to patients. We achieve this by building startups following our unique NLC approach. Similar to climbing a mountain, many unexpected situations can occur while building a startup – we believe you need a team to reach the top, and we will be there with you every step of the way.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM US?
- There will be 10 winners of the challenge. Together, we will build a startup from your idea in just 4 months.
- Teaming – We will find a team and entrepreneur who understands the challenge ahead and make sure we only hire them when you believe they are a good fit!
- Financing – The startup will receive 100k in initial funding from NLC once they have completed the Kickstarter Programme. We can mobilise up to 5 million in the following rounds and will support the startup in securing external funding (non-dilutive & dilutive).
- Network – We use our network and support system to build an environment where the startup succeeds. All of our startups get access to our network of over 1000 experts.
- Legal/Tech/Business support – The startup will receive support from our expert teams on everything from legal entity set-up, patent support, market development, financial strategy support, and more!
- Kickstarter Program – The startup team will complete our comprehensive Kickstarter programme, which consists of 20+ modules to give new ventures an optimal start towards market launch.
WHAT DO WE EXPECT FROM YOU?
- An idea or invention to make healthcare more sustainable that we can turn into a startup together.
- Participating in the workshop days (to be announced soon).
- Finetune the business case in virtual mentoring sessions.
- Agree to build your startup with NLC as co-founder.
“I have been working with NLC for a couple of years. From the first moment, NLC saw opportunities where I didn’t. Without the expertise and commitment of NLC, Nico.lab simply wouldn’t exist and we wouldn’t be able to help stroke patients this day.”
“When we first came to NLC, we had just developed a very promising product for improving bladder cancer diagnosis. With the expertise and guidance of NLC this product was turned into a promising business. NLC advised on estimating the risks, validating the medical need, and defining the path towards the first saleable product.”
“As a physician, I lack the knowledge and expertise to start a business and do not have time to get more education on this topic. NLC does have this expertise, and can therefore cover the new business information for me, so I can still focus on my clinical work.”