If you want to learn what it takes to build a successful healthcare venture, this is your chance!
NLC was founded because of one simple observation: at least 95 percent of all healthtech inventions never reach the patient, regardless of their relevance or brilliance. We are changing this by bringing together the best tech, the best capital, and the best people to build life-changing ventures. Having founded more than 60 ventures, we are now expanding our pan-European presence. As a Venture Support Expert, you will provide vital support to our ventures to boost our international growth and increase our impact.
Basically: helping to scale the ventures to bring their products and services to patients! You will be in close contact with all our Venture CEOs & help them with their challenges, as well as actively help building up the wide range of support we offer to the ventures. This is a challenging role where you will need to deal with a variety of different stakeholders and make sure both the ventures’ and NLC’s needs are met. This means you’ll get to know every single new CEO and play a vital role in every single venture’s development.
We need someone that can further develop and manage:
- The Kickstarter Programme, the programme every new venture CEO gets when they are onboarded.
- All Venture Protection Support (which includes everything from insurance and trademark registration to quality assurance and regulatory affairs).
And this set will be extended as per your wishes! This means your role will be very diverse: responsible for dealing with external service providers, building new services (both internal services such as workshops and external services), developing a Wikipedia for our ventures, organising events and providing hands-on support to our ventures. We have so much to do and so much to offer, that there is a lot of opportunity for you to develop a very diverse skill set.
Sounds complex? It will be. Luckily, our team of venture building professionals enjoys sharing their knowledge with you and will help you develop into a true professional!
- Recent master’s graduate (0-3 years of work experience).
- Exposure to both legal and business ways of working (e.g. through internships / university courses / part time jobs), but we’re flexible on your study background. More relevant is that you’re a quick learner, are hands-on, business-savvy, have some stakeholder management experience and are service oriented.
- Clear affinity with healthcare, innovation, entrepreneurship, technology, services and/or startups.
- Strong, professional communicator in English with an eye for detail; working knowledge (CEFR B2 or more) of other European languages (e.g. French, German, Italian) considered an asset. Dutch is not required.
- Batteries-included team player who is more interested in making history than repeating it. Adaptive capabilities in a constantly changing environment.
- Unique opportunity to strengthen and build NLC’s Venture Support infrastructure; getting to know exactly what it takes to grow new ventures.
- A chance to step into the new and fast-growing market of international healthtech venture building, in a position from which you can boost NLC’s ventures and influence their course.
- An inspiring learning-by-doing environment; where you’ll have a lot of autonomy to pick your best route to build up support, combined with plenty of supervision.
- The opportunity to become part of the NLC network; a large, valuable and diverse network ranging from 1000+ medical doctors and brilliant inventors to Corporate Partners like Philips & Roche;
- Remuneration at par with the startup industry, including equity.
- Open to relocate to the Netherlands.
Would you like to join a challenging but rewarding environment where a multi-skilled interdisciplinary team makes a real change? Please reach out to email@example.com with your CV and motivation letter.