We are building Altach, a venture pioneering novel technology offering affordable, off-the-shelf cartilage scaffolds to regenerate damaged joints.
Are you the driven entrepreneur who can build and lead this venture as the CEO?
Cartilage repair is a global market that is expected to exceed USD 1.6 billion by 2025. The high costs of cell-based treatments make an off-the-shelf solution an attractive alternative.
This is a cell-free regenerative implant for articular cartilage repair that improves outcomes of micro-fracture treatment without adding significant cost or operating time. Scaffolds are derived from the extracellular matrix of articular cartilage.
The composition and structure of the scaffolds mimic native cartilage and stimulate the formation of functional cartilage. Endogenous cells from the bone marrow are recruited into the scaffolds for repair, leading to the development of normal articular cartilage.
Proof of principle has been achieved in a large animal model. Next steps will include GLP animal trials to gain approval for a first-in-man clinical study.
The CEO will be responsible for developing and executing the overall business strategy, actively supported by NLC – The Healthtech Venture Builder and partnering with the inventor and other strategic partners.
- Develop a comprehensive business plan and funding plan
- Coordinate product development from animal studies into a clinical solution
- Design and coordinate clinical trials
- Engage relevant development and commercial partners
- Discuss with regulatory authorities to gain clarity on requirements
- Seek and secure dilutive funding supported by NLC’s Venture Finance Team
- Anticipate market introduction according to market needs
- Initiate a go-to-market and pricing strategy
- Develop and lead the team
- A highly motivated entrepreneur
- Keen to make an impact on patients’ lives
- Driven by a desire to achieve commercial success
- Strongly networked and influential at all levels of seniority
- An excellent communicator, negotiator, and presenter
Your track record includes:
- CEO competencies and leadership track record
- Existing relevant market knowledge
- Strong networks with suppliers, partners and KOLs
We offer the unique opportunity to an entrepreneur or executive with entrepreneurial ambition to come on board as a co-founder in a highly promising venture. The participation package includes:
- Equity-based remuneration
- Cash compensation tied to successful funding of the company
- The opportunity to co-fund at a favourable valuation
- Access to the expertise and network of the entire NLC ecosystem including the use of NLC Venture Services.Sparring and support from your Venture Partner and the dozens of CEO’s leading our other (50+) ventures.
Access to the expertise and network of the entire NLC ecosystem including the use of NLC Venture Services.
Sparring and support from your Venture Partner and the dozens of CEO’s leading our other 60+ ventures.
Last but not least: You will team up with a knowledgeable and motivated inventor and play a key role in bringing this project to market.
For more information, please contact Augusta Poteliunaite via firstname.lastname@example.org