We’re building a venture that brings a portfolio of pain relief solutions to people suffering from chronic pain and thereby improving their quality of life and daily functioning.
Are you a scale-up entrepreneur who’ll lead this venture as the CEO?
Approximately 20% of people suffer from chronic pain and the market size tops EUR 10 billion globally. Chronic pain reduces people’s quality of life and their ability to contribute to society. While there are treatment options available, there is at the same time a significant unmet consumer need for effective and non-invasive home-treatment solutions.
NLC The Healthtech Venture Builder and Philips are now building a venture to offer pain relief through three propositions:
- PulseRelief: offers pain relief through transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) therapy and is ready to be sold to patients.
- InfraRed: consists of several products that offer pain relief through infrared light and is ready to be sold to patients.
- BlueTouch: offers a new inventive method for pain relief using blue light with potentially break-through clinical benefits. A prototype is ready to be tested in clinical trials.
We are looking for a CEO to co-found this venture with us and bring the portfolio of pain relief solutions to patients globally.
The position of CEO
CEO will be responsible for developing and executing the overall business strategy, actively supported by NLC The Healthtech Venture Builder and partnering with the inventor and other strategic partners.
On PulseRelief and InfraRed:
- Lead and prepare market launch, (re)introduction and commercialization hereunder develop the clinical sales- and marketing strategy and start executing it towards KOLs, general practitioners, physical therapists, pain clinics and consumers via online and offline channels.
- Initiate (mass) production and set-up supply chain to support global roll-out and product launch and sales.
- Find and partner with venture capital firms to scale up the portfolio and company (includes BlueTouch as well).
- Organize and oversee clinical study to be used for clinical marketing purposes.
- Oversee final product development and product design and ensure regulatory approval/CE-marking of the device.
CEO competencies and track record
We seek a highly motivated commercial leader that masters these competencies:
- Commercial and entrepreneurial drive.
- Networking and influencing at all levels of seniority.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly strong presentation and negotiation skills.
Your track record includes:
- Experience with P&L management and deep understanding the different commercial elements such as cost-price-makeup, retailer margins, and organizational costs.
- Managing product launch and steady sales growth in a regulated environment such as class 1 or class 2 medical devices or OTC products.
- Clinical marketing experience with demonstrated results from using medical sales- and marketing strategies and tactics to get professional recommendations for consumer medical devices incl. KOL marketing, first line of care channel development and direct to consumer marketing.
- Able to initiate and oversee clinical studies for medical marketing purposes and to obtain CE-marking with help from third party experts.
- Preferable experience with working with venture capital firms to scale up healthtech propositions, not a must-have.
We offer the unique opportunity to an entrepreneur or executive with entrepreneurial ambition to come on board as a partner (essentially co-founder) in a highly promising venture. The participation package includes:
- Sales-based bonus and equity-based remuneration.
- Cash compensation tied to successful funding of the company.
- The opportunity to co-fund at a favorable valuation.
- Access to the expertise and network of the entire NLC ecosystem including the use of NLC Venture Services.
- Sparring and support from your Venture Partner and the dozens of CEO’s leading our other (50+) ventures.
- Last but not least: You will play a key role in bringing pain relief to millions of people worldwide, improving their quality of life and contribution to society.
For more information please contact Eva Demandt (Venture Teaming) via email@example.com