NLC The European Healthtech Venture Builder has the following mission: bringing healthcare innovation to life! NLC was founded at the end of 2014 on one simple observation: at least 95 percent of healthtech inventions never reach the patient, regardless of their relevance or brilliance. They decided to call this opportunity by bringing together the best tech, the best capital, the best people, and the best partners to build life-changing ventures.
NLC has a motivated team that consists of a highly skilled and knowledgeable venture partner group, a growing pool of venture developers and professionals in corporate finance, legal, talent management and supporting roles. Since inception, NLC has founded more than 60 ventures (healthtech start-ups) in the Netherlands and Europe, and aim to build many more ventures in Europe in the coming years (target for 2021: building 24 new ventures, of which approx. 15 outside the Netherlands).
To keep up with all of this growth, NLC is looking for a new Legal Counsel for their legal team.
The position of Legal Counsel is a broad position, supporting both NLC and the ventures that are built. You will work closely with the NLC business (venture partners and venture developers), venture CEO’s and the other NLC legal team members. The Legal Counsel reports to the Lead Legal Counsel.
NLC offers a broad and challenging position in a lean and positive company culture with an innovative business model. You will be able to see the direct results of your work and be involved in a variety of topics. This position gives you the opportunity to work in diverse teams with highly experienced professionals; ranging from your NLC colleagues to the venture CEO’s you regularly partner with. You have the chance to contribute to realising innovations with great impact on healthcare.
NLC is looking for someone who truly enjoys the variety and responsibility that comes with working in a small, fast-growing and highly innovative company. Someone who is pragmatic, hands-on, and has a ‘can-do’ mentality. Someone who is able to be critical and service-minded at the same time, has good communication skills and thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic and innovation-driven environment.
The culture is entrepreneurial, professional, positive and open. If you are a teamplayer, who likes to work closely with the business at all levels, curious, eager to learn, willing to take on a variety of work and are aiming to make a real impact, you’ll fit right in. NLC has an employee stock option plan, giving you the opportunity to build an equity stake in NLC.
Your responsibilities include:
- Providing legal advice and supporting NLC and its ventures with setting up, developing, financing and divesting our ventures (healthtech start-ups). This includes drafting, reviewing and negotiating relevant corporate and contractual documentation for various projects;
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a variety of international contracts, including shareholders agreements, financing agreements and licensing agreements;
- Managing outside counsels/external legal service providers;
- Supporting the further development of the legal structure, including the implementation of legal tools and processes, drafting templates for frequently used agreements, participating in legal team meetings.
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Master’s degree in law, European qualified;
- Between 5-8 years PQE as in-house counsel and/or in private practice;
- Knowledge of and experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating international contracts and experience with corporate law;
- Experience with or affinity with Intellectual Property (IP) Law/Licensing, GDPR compliance;
- Experience in the healthcare (medical devices), life sciences and/or biotech industry is a plus;
- Experience with working on and managing multiple projects;
- European nationality,proficient in English and preferably another European language.
Contact Remco Abeln, firstname.lastname@example.org, from Major, Lindsey & Africa, with any questions or your application.
At NLC, we believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer.