We are looking for an entrepreneurial CEO to lead a venture with a platform technology focused on Point of Care breath diagnostics, with IP originating from Philips.
A human body excretes many molecules via breathing which are correlated to health and disease. Currently, it is impossible to measure these specific molecules in a patient’s breath in a Point of Care setting.
The golden standard for measuring volatile molecules in the air is gas chromatography (GC). Until recently, this was only possible with room size equipment. The breathDx platform solution consists of a sampling device to obtain the exhaled breath of the patient and a measuring unit based on miniaturized gas chromatography to determine the biomarker level, meaning it can be used in a Point of Care setting. We have obtained exclusive rights to apply this to the medical domain.
A first application for our micro GC platform has been validated and patented for ARDS. ARDS is a lung condition that is prevalent in the Intensive Care setting and lethal in 50% of cases. Presently, there is no test that allows its detection at an early stage. The BreathDx platform, together with a novel, patented biomarker can diagnose ARDS at an early stage, and could significantly increase the chance of survival.
The BreathDx device and the biomarker are currently tested and validated in a prospective 500 patient clinical trial in the Amsterdam Medical Center and Maastricht UMC. Next steps will be to develop and commercialize the ARDS proposition, whilst also building out the micro GC platform into a leading PoC measurement platform by identifying collaboration opportunities with IP holders for other biomarkers.
The Startup CEO
The Startup CEO will be responsible for developing and executing the overall business strategy, actively supported by NLC The Healthtech Venture Builder. Your main responsibilities will be:
- Manage further development of the device and form partnerships in order to further build out the platform;
- Successfully raise multimillion investments;
- Overseeing operations and business activities to ensure desired results are produced and, consistent with the overall strategy and mission;
- Manage investor relations and future investors;
- Prepare and initiate the exit strategy.
- Entrepreneurial drive.
- Networking and influencing at all levels of seniority.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Experience with the full Product Lifecycle Management of a medical device;
- Multi million fundraising experience, having realised an exit is a plus;
- Demonstrated track record of forming strategic partnerships with corporates or academia;
- Experience within respiratory and / or biomarker validation is a plus.
We offer the unique opportunity to an entrepreneur or executive with entrepreneurial ambition to come on board as a partner (essentially co-founder) in a highly promising venture. You will receive equity-based remuneration and accept tying initial cash compensation to successful funding of the company. Co-funding is stimulated.
For more information please contact Iselde van Beurden (Venture Teaming) via email@example.com