We are looking for an experienced entrepreneurial CEO to lead a clinical stage joint venture of Smith and Nephew and NLC, The European Healthtech Venture Builder.
This promising invention is called SERDA: Stable Enzymatic Rapid Debriding Agent. SERDA is a hydrogel containing a proteolytic enzyme intended for acute and chronic wound debridement.
Patients suffering from chronic or acute wounds (eg burns) can be in need of debridement (removal of necrotic tissue). Current ways of debridement – surgical, mechanical or maggots – all have their disadvantages.
SERDA offers an enzymatic wound debrider with the promise of being faster, more effective, and easier to use, with a larger application range.
Preclinical safety studies and chemistry, manufacturing and control activities have been completed successfully. The project is now ready for IND filing with FDA to start human studies.
The Startup CEO
The Startup CEO will be responsible for developing and executing the overall business strategy, actively supported by NLC The Healthtech Venture Builder. Your main responsibilities will be:
- Define a detailed strategy for clinical research, funding and partnerships.
- Successfully raise multi million investments.
- Manage (the outsourcing of) clinical trials.
- Manage the certification process.
- Investor relations: manage current and future investors
- Prepare and initiate the exit strategy.
- Entrepreneurial drive.
- Networking and influencing at all levels of seniority.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Carried overall responsibility for a pharma or biotech company or (development) program.
- Led clinical stage ventures including setting up and leading US clinical trials.
- Multi million fundraising experience, in particular for clinical stage companies.
- Exit and other M&A experience is considered a plus. Demonstrated track record of forming strategic partnerships. Active network of stakeholders.
We offer the unique opportunity to an entrepreneur or executive with entrepreneurial ambition to come on board as a partner (essentially co-founder) in a highly promising venture with Smith and Nephew and NLC | The Healthtech Venture Builder. You will receive equity-based remuneration and accept tying initial cash compensation to successful funding of the company. Co-funding is stimulated.
Moreover, you will play a key role in developing a more patient friendly solution for patients with burns and other chronic wounds.
For more information please contact Eva van Rooijen (Lead Venture Teaming) via firstname.lastname@example.org