We are building ProVascTec, a biotech venture with a cell-therapy delivery device and offering the solution to chronically Arterial Disease patients with no treatment options to save their limbs and lives.
Are you the driven entrepreneur who’ll lead this biotech venture as the CEO?
Coronary Artery Disease (CAD) and Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD) leading to blood vessel obstruction are some of the most prevalent diseases in society today. In many cases the conventional surgical interventions aimed at opening or bypassing the blockages are not feasible because of the poor condition of patient’s blood vessels, co-existing diseases or a lack of suitable bypass conduits. These patients currently have no effective options to prevent amputation of limbs or failure of organs.
Prof. Dr. Noel Caplice (University College Cork) has invented a promising solution: a cell-therapy delivery device for intravascular placement upstream of the obstruction. The cytokines produced by the cells induce revascularization around the arterial blockage restoring blood flow downstream from the blockage into the affected limbs and organs.
The position of CEO
The CEO will be responsible for developing and hands-on executing the overall business strategy, actively supported by NLC The European Healthtech Venture Builder and partnering with the inventor and other strategic partners.
- Develop a comprehensive business plan and funding plan.
- Coordinate, oversee and guide product development from animal studies into an actual clinical solution and product incl. clinical trials, technical development, and finding relevant partners.
- Discuss with medical authorities to gain clarity on regulatory requirements for ATMPs and steer claim development and product development accordingly.
- Fundraising: seek and secure dilutive funding supported by NLC’s Venture Finance Team.
- Anticipate market introduction: steer product development in accordance to market needs and in parallel prepare and initiate the go-to-market strategy, pricing strategy and commercial production stage.
- Develop and lead the team of ProVascTec.
CEO competencies and track record
We seek a highly motivated leader that masters these competencies:
- Entrepreneurial drive.
- Networking and influencing at all levels of seniority.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Developing action oriented strategy and executing plans.
- Leading teams and projects to impactful results.
Your track record includes:
- Bringing medical innovations from the clinical research stage to the market: you have guided clinical product development from animal studies through clinical trials into an actual product. Preferable you have done this in the field of cell therapy, regenerative medicine, gene therapy, tissue-engineered products or combined medical device solutions.
- Knowledge of the Advanced Therapy Medicinal Product (ATMP) regulatory pathway and experience with steering product/claim development accordingly as well as the ability to influence medical authorities overseeing the approval of this class of products.
- Ideally fundraising experience in dilutive funding.
We offer the unique opportunity to an entrepreneur or executive with entrepreneurial ambition to come on board as a partner (essentially co-founder) in a highly promising venture. The participation package includes:
- Equity-based remuneration.
- Cash compensation tied to successful funding of the company.
- The opportunity to co-fund at a favorable valuation.
- Access to the expertise and network of the entire NLC ecosystem including the use of NLC Venture Services.
- Sparring and support from your Venture Partner and the dozens of CEO’s leading our other (50+) ventures.
- Last but not least: You will team up with a knowledgeable and motivated inventor and play a key role in bringing a cell-therapy based bypass of arterial blockages solution to chronically ill CAD patients and PAD patients with no current treatment options.
For more information please contact Eva Demandt (Venture Teaming) via firstname.lastname@example.org