We’re building a venture that brings an active implantable medical device to breast cancer patients to attract, trap and kill metastatic cells before it is too late, thereby saving lives.
Are you the driven entrepreneur who can build and lead this venture as the CEO?
While most patients recover well from non-metastatic breast cancer, its metastatic pendant is the leading cause of cancer death in women. The surgical removal of the solid tumor is unavoidable to stop disease progression, however it can itself also be the cause of metastatic onset. A multidisciplinary and leading research team from University of Montpellier has invented a unique combination device that solves this problem. Implanted right after surgery and tumor resection, the device captures the neo-metastatic cells on the spot before they spread to other places in the body and, thus reducing the risk of metastatic relapse.
The position of CEO
CEO will be responsible for developing and executing the overall business strategy, actively supported by NLC The Healthtech Venture Builder and partnering with the inventor and other strategic partners.
- Develop business plans and funding plans.
- Coordinate and guide early product development from animal studies into an actual clinical solution incl. overseeing (pre)clinical studies and finding and managing relevant partners.
- Oversee regulatory approval and steer claim- and product development accordingly.
- Fundraising: seek and secure non-dilutive and dilutive funding supported by NLC’s Venture Finance team.
- Anticipate market introduction: steer product development in accordance to market needs.
CEO competencies and track record
You are highly motivated to make patient impact and have commercial success and are often described as;
- A connector with strong networking and influencing ability at all levels of seniority.
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation and negotiation skills.
Your track record includes:
- Ability to translate an early stage academic project to a commercial environment and bring it further in collaboration with the research team and relevant partners.
- Experience with (early) product development of class 3 medical devices or drug-device combination products or drug-delivery products requiring a complex regulatory pathway/medical device certification.
- Fundraising experience in non-dilutive and dilutive funding.
- French speaking and ability to work with a French multidisciplinary research team.
We offer the unique opportunity to an entrepreneur or executive with entrepreneurial ambition to come on board as a partner (essentially co-founder) in a highly promising venture. The participation package includes:
- Equity-based remuneration.
- Cash compensation tied to successful funding of the company.
- The opportunity to Co-fund at a favorable valuation.
- Access to the expertise and network of the entire NLC ecosystem including the use of NLC Venture Services.Sparring and support from your Venture Partner and the dozens of CEO’s leading our other (50+) ventures.
- Last but not least: You will play a key role in bringing a unique and technical complex combination device that traps metastatic cells before it is too late, thereby saving the life of breast cancer patients.
For more information please contact Eva Demandt (Venture Teaming) via email@example.com