We are looking for an entrepreneurial CEO to lead a venture with a handheld, drug-free inhalation device to relieve physical activity-related dyspnoea in COPD patients, allowing patients to lead a more active and full life.
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is characterized by a persistent reduction of airflow. COPD remains an incurable disease, projected to become by 2030 the third leading cause of death worldwide. Pharmaceutical treatments help the patients manage some symptoms of the disease, but cannot address activity-related shortness of breath.
Using a new approach, Philips Respironics developed VitaBreath, a handheld bilevel continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) device that provides relief from activity-related shortness of breath. It overcomes the problem of dynamic hyperinflation by providing an assistive pressure on inhalation, and maintaining the airways opened on exhalation.
VitaBreath can increase patient adoption of physical exercise, which, especially in the case of COPD, is fundamental to maintaining their quality of life.
The product development phase has been completed and tested on qualitative surveys with COPD patients, showing promising results. The next steps are to develop the go-to-market strategy, defining key partnerships and determine the sales model.
The Startup CEO
The Startup CEO will be responsible for developing and executing the overall business strategy, actively supported by NLC The Healthtech Venture Builder. Your main responsibilities will be:
- Overseeing operations and business activities to ensure desired results are produced and, consistent with the overall strategy and mission;
- Develop go-to-market strategy, including reimbursement- and sales model strategy;
- Successfully raise multimillion investments;
- Manage investor relations and future investors;
- Prepare and initiate the exit strategy.
- Entrepreneurial drive.
- Networking and influencing at all levels of seniority.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Previously led a medical device business (unit), preferably in the respiratory space;
- Network with Pharmacies, Respiratory rehabilitation and/or pulmonology departments;
- Experience with reimbursement pathways;
- Experience in regulatory affairs and medical device certification;
- Multi million fundraising experience, having realised an exit is a plus.
We offer the unique opportunity to an entrepreneur or executive with entrepreneurial ambition to come on board as a partner (essentially co-founder) in a highly promising venture. You will receive equity-based remuneration and accept tying initial cash compensation to successful funding of the company. Co-funding is stimulated.
For more information please contact Iselde van Beurden (Venture Teaming) via email@example.com