Build ventures. Advance health.
NLC is the Healthtech Venture Builder of Europe, founded in 2014 based on the realisation that many promising technologies do not reach the patient. Our mission is to advance health by making impactful health technologies accessible for everyone. This is achieved by building ventures following our unique NLC approach: entrepreneurship at scale. This allows us to find promising inventions and create and support dozens of new ventures each year. We have founded over 70 healthtech ventures to date and this number will increase exponentially over the coming years. We invite you to embark on this entrepreneurial and impactful journey with us.
As Europe’s largest venture building platform, NLC excels in fast and cost-effective de-risking of new technologies that originate at leading corporates and research institutes. NLC therefore partners closely with them:
- Corporates leverage our venture building platform to de-risk internal innovations at arms-length. In 2019, we entered into our first corporate partnership with Philips and we now have partnerships in place with the likes of Smith and Nephew, Stryker and DSM. Corporate partnerships are the key driver for NLC’s accelerated growth and contributed to 50% of our total ventures built in 2020.
- Academic institutes partner with NLC to boost their valorisation volumes and success, by licensing out IP to our ventures and (depending on their preference) joining these ventures as a shareholder. NLC has built ventures with many institutes across Europe and is quickly expanding its institutional network.
As Lead Tech Partnerships you will be in charge of NLC’s strategic partnerships with leading healthcare corporates and academic institutes, building ventures with and for them. This is a leading and commercial role, including responsibility for NLC’s Tech Partnerships strategy, hands on execution and results. You will initially focus on corporate partnerships, but in due course also apply your talent to other partners like academic institutions. Activities include:
- Develop new and deepen existing relationships and accounts with corporates around the world (Europe, APAC and US), resulting in a growing inflow of technologies NLC can commercialise (corporate spin outs)
- Set the account management standard within NLC and drive or lead account development outside corporate partnerships (for example within our network of 150+ academic institutions)
- Develop, manage and lead a team of account developers
- You combine academic and critical thinking with a pragmatic hands on approach. You are comfortable with the ambiguity of creating your job within a context of fast growth and change.
- You offer 10+ years of experience in business development, strategic account management and developing partnerships with corporate organisations with complex decision making units.
- You have generated proven results from the corporate partnerships you have been responsible for and with which you have been involved hands on.
- You’re known for your excellent communication skills and are comfortable and successful in your interactions with board and senior level executives.
- You genuinely care about patient impact and have proven interest in innovation. Experience in the healthcare sector is considered a plus.
- You are fluent in English. International experience is considered a plus.
- A full time, leading position
- Equity in a fast growing organisation as an integral part of your remuneration package
- A lean and positive company culture characterised as ‘TODO’: Together, Open, Decisive and Optimistic.
- Perfect timing. NLC’s Tech Partnerships is a key growth area in which NLC will invest heavily in the upcoming years. You will play a key role in utilising all the opportunities to grow and further expand the team.
- You will become part of the NLC network; a large and diverse network ranging from 1000+ medical doctors, hundreds of healthcare executives and entrepreneurs, to corporate and institutional partners.
- You will interact with highly experienced executives on a daily basis.
Let’s advance health together!
Contact Johanneke Maenhout via firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or your application (because of holidays, please put in cc email@example.com till 23 August 2021).
At NLC, we believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer. NLC is also a certified B Corporation and part of it’s community of leaders, driving a global movement of people using business as a force for good.