We are looking for entrepreneurial CEO to revolutionize intra-operative oncologic pathology.
In order to prevent revision surgery and unnecessary biopsies, surgeons often need pathological information during surgery. To get this information, surgeons request for a frozen section to be analysed by a pathologist during the procedure. It takes approximately 40 minutes for an on-site pathologist to prepare the specimen and return the conclusion to the surgeon. This not only costs valuable time, it also requires a pathologist to be present on site.
As pathology laboratories are becoming more and more centralized, there is a need to assess the specimens in a fast, remote and non-labour intensive way during surgery.
With the Femto Diagnostic scanner, cell structures can be scanned ex vivo to distinguish healthy tissue from tumour tissue in the OR, and within minutes. Images can be sent digitally to a (remote) pathologist for interpretation, enabling on site examination of resection planes and biopsy tissue and preventing revision surgeries and unnecessary biopsies.
A prototype is in use and successfully distinguishes glioma infiltration, breast cancer and lung cancer from healthy tissue in human specimens. Next steps are to create custom developed parts to improve supply chain and obtain the CE mark.
The Startup CEO will be responsible for developing and executing the overall business strategy, actively supported by NLC The Healthtech Venture Builder.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Define a detailed strategy for further clinical research, funding and partnerships;
- Successfully raise multimillion investments;
- Manage (the outsourcing of) clinical trials;
- Manage the certification process;
- Investor relations: manage current and future investors;
- Prepare and initiate the exit strategy.
- Entrepreneurial drive;
- Networking and influencing at all levels of seniority;
- Excellent communication skills, particularly strong presentation and negotiation skills;
- Demonstrated track-record in working on product development, QA/RA and go-to-market strategies;
- Strong network in the area of pathology;
- Experience in obtaining (non-dilutive) funding is a plus;
- Exit and other M&A experience is a plus.
We offer the unique opportunity to an entrepreneur or executive with entrepreneurial ambition to come on board as a partner (essentially co-founder) in a highly promising venture and the chance of making a huge impact in this space.
You will receive equity-based remuneration and accept tying initial cash compensation to successful funding of the company. Co-funding is stimulated.
For more information please contact Iselde van Beurden (Venture Teaming) via email@example.com.