HydroGlaze is a novel adhesion barrier spray to prevent the post-surgical formation of abdominopelvic adhesions. Will you lead this NLC venture in commercialising its high quality solution and contribute to the prevention of re-operations, female infertility and chronic pain due to adhesions?
About half of the population will require abdominopelvic surgery during their lifetime. Following the surgery, almost 80% of patients develop adhesions between the organs and/or the abdominal wall, leading to complications such as bowel obstruction, female infertility, chronic pain and increasing the need for repeat interventions.
Developed by DSM, HydroGlaze is a sprayable adhesion barrier that builds a mechanical layer between tissues, preventing adhesion formation. HydroGlaze outperforms its competitors in both efficacy and ease of use and is suitable for use in open- and laparoscopic surgery. The total market for this product in the West is estimated to be €300 million, with great upward potential.
CE Mark approval was received in 2018. HydroGlaze has great potential to become market leader.
The Startup CEO
The Startup CEO will be responsible for developing and leading the startup company, actively supported by NLC The Healthtech Venture Builder. Your main responsibilities will be:
- Fundraising: Money is needed to set up manufacturing, clinical trials and commercialisation;
- Clinical & Regulatory development: The gathering of additional clinical evidence for medical claims in Europe as well as leading the FDA certification process for a class III medical device;
- Networking: Build a network of KOL’s and early-adopters;
- Commercial: Prepare and initiate the go-to-market strategy of a surgical device in Europe and the US in a highly competitive market.
- Entrepreneurial drive: Seizes opportunities for building value, competitive advantage, and profitable revenue; strong sense of urgency in action and decision, always keeping the business impact in mind.
- Action oriented: Sets challenging goals and a clear path to achieving them; sets priorities and makes choices; leverages expertise of others.
- Strong networker: Deep knowledge of the market for abdominopelvic devices for use in open and laparoscopic interventions and an international network within general surgery and/or gynaecology.
Your track record includes success in:
- (Overseeing) the setup and commissioning of manufacturing facilities for medical devices, preferably both capital equipment and consumables;
- Strategic leadership in the area of R&D and/or product innovation, ideally in a startup setting;
- Overall leadership of a company, business or (development) program with P&L responsibility, including leading multidisciplinary teams and responsibility for Finance;
- New product launches, including knowledge of up- and downstream marketing;
- (Overseeing) Regulatory approval of medical devices in Europe and US.
- The CEO is attracted to equity-based remuneration and accepts tying initial cash compensation to the success of funding the company.
- Co-funding is possible and stimulated;
- The successful applicant will be based in Europe.
Candidates who meet these criteria are encouraged to contact Iselde van Beurden via email@example.com for more information.
We look forward to hearing from you!