NLC is the European Healthtech Venture Builder. Our mission is to advance health by making impactful medical technologies accessible for everyone. We achieve this by building startups following our unique NLC approach: entrepreneurship at scale. This allows us to scout thousands of inventions each year, select the most promising and turn these into impactful healthtech ventures. We are a team of 50 impact driven professionals with a fast growing portfolio of over 50 life changing ventures.
As a Venture Finance Intern you will actively support the Venture Finance team on a broad spectrum of projects and initiatives including:
- Validating business models of new ventures with a specific focus on quantifying business cases (including indicative valuations);
- Support in business development activities including expanding our network of potential (international) investors (both research as well as approach);
- Support in fundraising processes for NLC’s ventures from both dilutive as well as non-dilutive funding sources;
- Support in developing new and disruptive funding models (e.g., MOMENTUM and Stepping Stone Fund);
- Support in the design and execution of exit strategies for our ventures; and
- Conducting valuations and comparable analyses for both fundraisings and exits.
We are looking for a motivated student who wants to experience entrepreneurship, and use their financial knowledge to help building impactful startups:
- High potential students with at least a Bachelor of Science degree in the field of economics, (international) business, or other finance related studies;
- Strong, professional communicator in English with an eye for detail;
- Adaptive capabilities in a constantly changing environment;
- Batteries-included team player; and
- Affinity with innovation, entrepreneurship, technology, healthcare, and/or startups.
- A full time internship position (40 hours a week) for a period of six months, starting April 2021
- Working at our HQ in Amsterdam if government guidelines due to COVID-19 permit (otherwise working remotely);
- An internship compensation of €300-€500 per month;
- A lean and positive team culture which we call ‘TODO’: Together, Open, Decisive and Optimistic.
Want to make IMPACT, not coffee? Please contact Sabine Brans via email@example.com with your CV and motivation letter in which you pay attention to the following five questions:
- Please describe, in your own words, what you think a venture builder does and elaborate on your motivation to seek an internship within a healthtech venture builder?
- Please describe two of your learning objectives; How do you believe this internship would help you achieve these?
- Please describe two examples of the learnings you have obtained during your extracurricular activities and how those will be beneficial during this internship?
- Which NLC Venture excites you the most and why?
At NLC, we believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
NLC is a certified B Corporation and part of it’s community of leaders, driving a global movement of people using business as a force for good.