NLC was founded on one simple observation: at least 95 percent of healthtech inventions never reach the patient, regardless of their relevance or brilliance. We decided to call this opportunity by bringing together the best tech, the best capital, and the best people to build life-changing ventures. Having founded over 40 ventures, we are currently accelerating our growth throughout Europe. We are therefore looking for a Venture Finance Intern to boost this growth and help us in advancing health.
You will be a team member of our Venture Finance team (team of four full-time professionals and on a rolling basis c. two interns) and work on a broad spectrum of NLC- and venture finance related projects. You will actively support in:
- Designing and validating business models of new ventures with a specific focus on quantifying business cases (including valuations) and drafting NLC’s exit strategies;
- Support in business development activities including expanding our network of potential (international) investors (both research as well as approach)
- Support in developing new and disruptive funding models for NLC and its ventures; and
- Securing funding for NLC and our ventures both dilutive as well as non-dilutive.
We are looking for a motivated student who wants to experience entrepreneurship, and use their financial knowledge to help building impactful startups:
- High potential students with at least a Bachelor of Science degree in the field of economics, (international) business, or other finance related studies;
- Strong, professional communicator in English with an eye for detail;
- Adaptive capabilities in a constantly changing environment;
- Batteries-included team player who is more interested in making history than repeating it; and
- Affinity with innovation, entrepreneurship, technology, healthcare, and/or startups.
- A full time internship of six months, starting in October/November 2020;
- An inspiring learning-by-doing environment;
- The chance to contribute to realising innovations with a great impact on healthcare;
- The opportunity to become part of the NLC network; a large, valuable and diverse network ranging from a 3000+ medical doctors and brilliant inventors to corporate partners like Philips; and
- An internship compensation of 300-500 euros per month
Want to make IMPACT, not coffee? Please reach out to Sabine Brans via email@example.com with your CV and motivation letter.