We are building a venture that will enable the detection of up to fourteen different types of cancer via a minimally invasive liquid biopsy.
Are you the driven entrepreneur who will lead this venture as a Venture Manager and eventual CEO?
Accurate and early detection of cancer through non- and minimally invasive methods are a valuable addition to the healthcare system and could save many lives. Researchers from the University of Antwerp have made a great discovery of a biomarker that could be indicative of the presence of at least 14 different cancer types and can distinguish between the different cancer types, thereby potentially being a pan-cancer biomarker. With this method, diagnosis of diseased patients could become possible by a minimally invasive blood test.
The position of Venture Manager
The Venture Manager will be responsible for developing and executing the overall business strategy, actively supported by NLC The European Healthtech Venture Builder and partnering with the inventor and other strategic partners. There is a very realistic chance this role will grow into a CEO position.
- Ability to bring a research project from a concept to a tangible product, guiding the inventors during additional validation in the lab;
- Guide a molecular diagnostic product through regulatory path (CE or FDA).
CEO competencies and track record
We seek a highly motivated leader that masters these competencies:
- Entrepreneurial drive;
- Networking and influencing at all levels of seniority;
- Excellent communication skills, particularly strong presentation and negotiation skills.
Your track record includes:
- Early stage assay product development;
- Broad understanding of oncology biomarkers;
- Guiding an invention from research to product, successfully working with researchers, scientists etc.;
- Bringing a molecular diagnostic product through regulatory path.
We offer the unique opportunity to an entrepreneur or executive with entrepreneurial ambition to manager this highly promising venture from day 1 with a very realistic opportunity to ultimately join as CEO and co-founder.
- The participation package includes:
- A consultancy fee + equity;
- Access to the expertise and network of the entire NLC ecosystem including the use of NLC Venture Services;
- Sparring and support from your Venture Partner and the dozens of CEO’s and Venture
- Managers leading our other (50+) ventures;
- Last but not least: You will play a key role in enabling the early detection of a wide range of cancers via nono-invasive means at a much earlier stage, potentially saving many lives.
Candidates who meet these criteria and would like to lead this impactful venture, are encouraged to apply by contacting Iselde van Beurden via email@example.com.