We are building Micro-Scanner, a venture developing millimetre-scale endoscopy capabilities to allow highly accurate visualization of small lumens and body cavities to diagnose early-stage disease.
Are you the driven entrepreneur who can build and lead this venture as the Venture Manager?
Endoscopy creates an image of organs inside the body, but endoscopes can only enter cavities bigger than their diameter. Therefore, small cavities (<1.2mm) are currently impossible to visualize, for example, distal bronchioles of the lung, the pancreatic duct, fallopian tubes, or small joints.
The micro-scanner is a sub-millimetre (<0.5mm) sized endoscopic catheter that works without loss of visual clarity. It uses an electrothermal micro-cantilever with an imaging fibre optic that vibrates up and down to scan the target. The proof-of-concept has shown that it is possible to produce a clear 2D image with a 1D fibre. The next step is further validation and product optimization.
The Position of Venture Manager
The Venture Manager will be responsible for developing and executing the overall business strategy, actively supported by NLC – The Healthtech Venture Builder and partnering with the inventor and other strategic partners.
- Develop a comprehensive business plan and funding plan
- Drive product development from animal studies to clinical solution
- Design and manage clinical trials & technical development
- Finding relevant partners for development and commercialization
- Manage regulatory requirements for ATMPs
- Steer claim and product development accordingly
- Fundraising, supported by NLC’s Venture Finance Team
- Steer product development towards market needs
- Entrepreneurial with a track record of commercial success
- Strong networking and influencing ability at all levels of seniority
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Familiar with medical device development
We offer the unique opportunity to an entrepreneur or executive with an entrepreneurial ambition to come on board as a co-founder in a highly promising venture. The participation package includes:
- Equity-based remuneration
- Cash compensation tied to successful funding of the company
- The opportunity to co-fund at a favourable valuation
Access to the expertise and network of the entire NLC ecosystem including the use of NLC Venture Services.
Sparring and support from your Venture Partner and the dozens of entrepreneurs leading our 60+ ventures.
For more information, please contact Augusta Poteliunaite via firstname.lastname@example.org