Songbird is a minimally-invasive surgical implant solution for obstructive sleep apnea.
Songbird is a minimally invasive surgically implanted solution to provide optimal therapy for obstructive sleep apnea patients. Songbird promises to deliver effective, durable and adjustable therapy, which placed with a 30-minute procedure, results in low trauma and quick recovery.
Songbird has been designed and tested by Philips HealthTech, together with world-class developers and KOL sleep surgeons, and now partnered with NLC I The Healthtech Venture Builder for completion and successful market introduction.
We seek a healthtech entrepreneur or entrepreneurial executive to lead this venture as its CEO, and to develop and execute the overall and commercial business strategy.
The Startup CEO
The Startup CEO will be responsible for developing and executing the overall business strategy, actively supported by NLC The Healthtech Venture Builder. Your main responsibilities will be:
- Raise funding to complete validation, clinical study, and commercialization
- Manage key supplier/partners to complete product validation and clinical readiness
- Oversee human clinical study and regulatory clearances for key markets
- Oversee scale-up manufacturing with key supplier/partners
- Build a team with global presence and network.
- Prepare and execute go-to-market strategy / commercialization plan.
- Entrepreneurial drive.
- Developing progressive, action oriented strategies.
- Executing plans. Strong program management and problem solving skills.
- Leading individuals and teams.
- Networking and ability to effectively influence across disciplines and levels.
- An academic degree and experience successfully taking early stage health technology ventures to commercialization and/or exit.
- Carried overall responsibility for a company, business or (development) program.
- Experience with development and commercialization of surgical implants; sleep solutions and active network of KOL sleep surgeons and ENT Doctors is a plus.
- Experience raising (follow-up) investment
- The CEO is interested in equity-based remuneration and accepts tying initial cash compensation to the success of founding and funding the company.
- Co-funding is possible and stimulated.
- This position can start part time but flexibility is required, including availability to travel within the US and Europe.
Curious to learn more? Please contact Eva van Rooijen, Talent Manager at NLC via email@example.com