NLC I The Health Tech Venture Builder and the University of Bologna will develop a non-invasive blood test for the early detection of colorectal cancer (CRC). The first study results are exceptionally positive and we now wish to validate these results in a multiple-centre clinical trial.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial clinical research professional to determine and execute what is needed to validate and commercialise this promising invention.
A non-invasive blood test for the early detection of colorectal cancer (CRC) is highly required. The aim of this innovation is to offer a standardized methodology and to assemble a kit dedicated to the early diagnosis of colorectal cancer from peripheral blood samples. The test is based on a mRNA blood marker.
The present study concluded an identification of a panel of 4 genes in the detection of CRC patients. The researcher compared healthy subjects with those with CRC and high-risk features. The CELTiC panel reached a sensitivity of 75% and a specificity of 87%.
Advantages of this test are:
- Earlier detection compared to fecal test and colonoscopy; simpler and higher acceptance. Higher sensitivity and specificity of the new panel of markers.
- Possibility to monitor disease progression
- Higher rigor of test results
- Reduced costs of the therapeutic approach
This is a unique opportunity to contribute to earlier detection of colorectal cancer. The person we are looking for can assess what further clinical proof is required and set up (or outsource) a multicentre clinical trial. Depending on experience and availability, you may also actively partner with our Corporate Finance team to attract (non-dilutive) funding to finance these trials.
Experience & Competencies
- Entrepreneurial drive and motivation to make impact
- Experience in setting up (early stage) clinical trials for diagnostic products.
Ideally experience with University spin-off.
- Experience with multicentre trials, ideally including experience in Italy.
- Excellent contracting / outsourcing management skills.
- Experience in oncology is a plus
- Fluent in English. Italian language skills are a plus.
We expect this to be a commitment to be part time and it will require some flexibility. Even though the role of Clinical Research Leader will be temporary, we are looking for a long term partnership. As our partner you will be remunerated in equity in this promising venture with an option to stay involved long term, for example in an advisory board position or partner with us on other inventions in the pipeline.
This is an ideal opportunity to play a key role in taking us one step closer to bringing this invention to the patient and join a very promising venture from the start!
Ready to make an impact with us?
Please contact Eva van Rooijen via email@example.com