NLC was founded on one simple observation: at least 95% of healthtech inventions never reach the patient, regardless of their relevance or brilliance. We decided to call this an opportunity by bringing together the best tech, the best capital, and the best people to build life-changing ventures. Having founded over 40 ventures to-date, we have an ambition to considerably increase the number of ventures we want to build in the coming years. Across Europe. They all need venture finance support at some point in their life cycle, hence we are looking to expand, and strengthen, our venture finance team (currently 4 FTE + 1 intern) to support our growth ambitions.
You will be a member of our venture finance team and work on a broad spectrum of venture finance related projects, revolving around securing finance for NLC and our ventures. Your role includes, amongst others, the following responsibilities:
- Designing and validating business models of new ventures with a specific focus on (i) the business case, including (potential) future valuation, (ii) likelihood of attracting future financing, and (iii) exit opportunities;
- With input and support from venture’s CEOs: designing, drafting, formatting, and optimising IMs, business plans, forecast models, management presentations and other supporting materials for ventures’ dilutive and non-dilutive financing rounds;
- Managing financing rounds for ventures from start to finish (grant applications, subscription to non-dilutive loan facilities, bank loans, and in particular dilutive equity rounds with angel investors, family offices, VCs and/or PEs), including the commercial reach-out to prospective investors/financiers, overall project management, and the negotiations;
- Manage and run exit processes from A to Z (could include an IPO), including the commercial reach-out to prospective purchasers/investors (identify the right long-list), overall project management, and the negotiations, but also including the preparation of all materials needed to smoothly run such process (IM, FC model, dataroom, etc.);
- Actively maintain and expand relationships with potential investors/financiers and ‘sell’ them our propositions;
Maintain relationships with, and on a case-by-case basis, engage with external advisors (e.g. CF boutiques, tax advisors and/or lawyers);
- Prep CEOs for pitches, including rehearsal sessions;
- Assisting around NLC’s collective financing instruments such as NLC MOMENTUM and other (future) captive fund structures; and/or
- NLC development: support the internal (Venture Finance) team and overall organisation.
We are looking for a motivated M&A professional who wants to use their financial knowledge and result-driven attitude to help building startups which have impact:
- Academic study in the field of economics, business, finance or related, followed by multiple years of experience in corporate finance/M&A/debt advisory;
- Proven track record in dealmaking, not just as a team member;
- Above average analytical and numerical skills;
- Strong, professional communicator in English;
- Adaptive capabilities in a constantly changing environment;
- Batteries-included self starter (favours ‘just-do-it’ above ….) with hunter mentality (ABC: Always Be Closing); and
- Strong affinity with innovation, entrepreneurship, technology, healthtech and startups.
- A challenging and fulfilling deal-making role in healthtech in an environment where we will ultimately manage hundreds of portfolio companies at the same time;
- The chance to contribute to realising innovations with a great impact on society;
- The opportunity to become part of the NLC network; a large, valuable and diverse network ranging from a 1000+ medical doctors and brilliant inventors to experienced entrepreneurs and Corporate Partners; and
- The challenge to strengthen NLC as the go-to platform for early stage investment opportunities (set the new standard).
Will you join us in our mission to bring science to life?
Please reach out to Ruben Mikkers (CFO) via firstname.lastname@example.org
At NLC, we believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer.