NLC was founded on one simple observation: at least 95% of healthtech inventions never reach the patient, regardless of their relevance or brilliance. We decided to call this an opportunity by bringing together the best tech, the best capital, and the best people to build life-changing ventures. Having founded almost 40 ventures to-date, we have an ambition to considerably increase the number of ventures we want to build in the coming years. Across Europe. They all need corporate finance support at some point in their life cycle, hence we are looking to expand, and strengthen, our corporate finance team (currently 3 FTE + 1 intern) to support our growth ambitions.
You will be a member of our corporate finance team and work on a broad spectrum of corporate finance related projects, revolving around securing finance for NLC and our ventures. Your role includes, amongst others, the following responsibilities:
- Designing and validating business models of new ventures with a specific focus on quantifying business cases (including valuations) and drafting NLC exit strategies;
- Account management (e.g. with Venture Capital firms and Corporate exit partners);
- Managing financing rounds of ventures from start to finish including the overall project management and the negotiations; and
- Organising, managing, and running an exit process from A to Z.
We are looking for a motivated M&A professional who wants to use their financial knowledge and result-driven attitude to help building startups which have impact:
- Academic study in the field of economics, business, finance or related, followed by multiple years of experience in corporate finance/M&A;
- Proven track record in dealmaking, not just as a team member;
- Above average analytical and numerical skills;
- Strong, professional communicator in English and Dutch or German;
- Adaptive capabilities in a constantly changing environment;
- Batteries-included self starter (favours ‘just-do-it’ above ….) with hunter mentality (Always be closing);
- Strong affinity with innovation, entrepreneurship, technology, healthcare and startups; and
- The chance to contribute to realising innovations with a great impact on healthcare;
- The opportunity to become part of the NLC network; a large, valuable and diverse network ranging from a 1000+ medical doctors and brilliant inventors to experienced entrepreneurs and Corporate Partners; and
- A challenging and fulfilling deal making role in Health Tech.
Will you join us in our mission to bring science to life?
Please reach out to Ruben Mikkers (CFO) via firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and motivation letter.