NLC I The Healthtech Venture Builder is looking for an in-house Legal Counsel, directly contributing to our mission: bringing healthcare innovation to life!
What we do:
NLC was founded on one simple observation: at least 95 percent of healthtech inventions never reach the patient, regardless of their relevance or brilliance. We decided to call this opportunity by bringing together the best tech, the best capital, the best people, and the best partners to build life-changing ventures. Our motivated team consists of a highly skilled and knowledgeable venture partner group, a growing pool of venture developers and professionals in corporate finance, legal, talent management and support roles. We have founded approx. 40 ventures mainly in the Netherlands, and aim to build many more ventures in Europe in the coming years (target for 2020: building 24 new ventures, of which 20 outside the Netherlands). To keep up with all of this growth, we are looking for a new Legal Counsel.
What you will do:
The position of Legal Counsel is a broad position, supporting both NLC and the ventures we build. Working closely with the NLC business (venture partners and venture developers), venture CEO’s and the NLC legal team, your responsibilities include:
- Providing legal advice and support to NLC on setting up, developing, financing and divesting our ventures (healthtech start-ups). This includes drafting/negotiation of relevant contractual documentation;
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts, such as IP licensing agreements;
- Drafting templates for frequently used agreements;
- Support the development and implementation of legal tools and systems.
In this position you report to our Legal Counsel & Manager.
What we look for:
We’re looking for someone who truly enjoys the variety and responsibility that comes with working in a small, fast-growing and highly innovative company. Our culture is entrepreneurial, professional, positive and open – and if you aim to make a real impact, you’ll fit right in.
The ideal candidate has the following professional qualifications:
- Master’s degree in law
- 5-8 PQE experience in private practice and/or as inhouse counsel
- Knowledge of and experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating international contracts and experience with corporate law (preferably M&A)
- Experience with or affinity with Intellectual Property (IP) Law and privacy & data protection
- Experience in the healthcare (medical devices) or life sciences industry is a plus
- European nationality, Dutch nationality is not required. Proficient English language skills.
- Pragmatic and hands-on, ‘can-do’ mentality
- Proactive and open personality
- Teamplayer, likes to work closely with the business at all levels
- Thrives in a fast-pacing, dynamic and innovation-driven environment
- Curious, eager to learn
- A broad and challenging position in our Amsterdam office.
- A lean and positive company culture with an innovative business model.
- See the direct result of your work and be involved in a variety of topics.
- The opportunity to work in diverse teams with highly experienced professionals; ranging from your NLC colleagues to the venture CEO’s you regularly partner with.
- The chance to contribute to realising innovations with a great impact on healthcare.
- The opportunity to build an equity stake in NLC through our employee stock option plan.
Are you ready to make an impact with us?
We look forward to your application.
The pre-selection process for this vacancy is outsourced to Remco Abeln of MLA Global. Applications via our website will be forwarded to him. You may also contact Remco directly via firstname.lastname@example.org.
At NLC, we believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer.