NLC | The Healthtech Venture Builder is looking for an in-house Legal Counsel. A broad position, making high impact in the most exciting industry there is: healthcare innovation!
What we do:
NLC was founded on one simple observation: at least 95 percent of healthtech inventions never reach the patient, regardless of their relevance or brilliance. We decided to call this opportunity by bringing together the best tech, the best capital, and the best people to build life-changing ventures. Our motivated team consists of a highly skilled and knowledgeable venture partner group, a growing pool of venture developers and professionals in corporate finance, legal, talent management and support roles.
We founded 25+ ventures, recently expanded with a Munich office and aim to build much more ventures in Europe the coming years. To keep up with all of this growth, our legal team looks forward to welcoming a new Legal Counsel.
What you will do:
The position of Legal Counsel is a broad position, supporting both NLC and the ventures we build.
- Legal advice and support to NLC on setting up, developing, financing and exiting our ventures (healthtech start-ups). This includes drafting/negotiation of relevant contractual documentation.
- Build, develop, structure and maintain legal tools and systems (such as know-how databases, model contracts/templates and contracting tools) and administration (contract filing, contract management, corporate record keeping etc.).
- Set up / structure (basic) shared service for legal support of ventures
In this position you manage a paralegal and you report to our Legal Advisor / Head of Legal.
What we look for:
We’re looking for someone who truly enjoys the variety and responsibility that comes with working in a small, fast-growing and highly innovative company. Our culture is entrepreneurial, professional, positive and very open – and if you aim to make a real impact, you’ll fit right in.
In terms of experience the ideal candidate offers:
- Multiple years of experience and expertise in general contract law
- Multiple years of experience and expertise in Venture Capital / funding / financing / M&A
- Experience with or knowledge of Licensing, Company law (Vennootschapsrecht), privacy & data protection.
- Experience in the healthcare industry or with medical device regulations is a plus.
- A broad and challenging position in our Amsterdam office.
- A lean and positive company culture with an innovative business model.
- The opportunity to work in diverse teams with highly experienced professionals; ranging from your NLC colleagues to the venture CEO’s you regularly partner with.
- The chance to contribute to realising innovations with a great impact on healthcare.
- The opportunity to build an equity stake in NLC through our employee stock option plan.
Are you ready to make impact with us?
Contact Eva van Rooijen via firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or your application.