We are Concord Neonatal. We exist to help babies to win in the first minutes of life. Especially the ones that are born too soon or those who need extra support. The realization of the Concord Birth Flow with the Concord Birth Trolley is the first step, allowing to wait with cutting the umbilical cord until the baby is fully stable. We are a startup company spun-out of Leiden University Medical Center and have recently launched our brand-new product. Our goal for the next years is to implement Concord in a growing number of international hospitals. To ensure that the Concord Birth Trolley continuously meets customer and business needs, we are looking for a:
Product Engineer (0.8 – 1 fte)
Your main responsibility is to define, engineer and implement product, production and service improvements. An important focus area will be to analyze, propose and implement design-to-cost measures needed to scale-up production during the next years to support our growth. Next to that, your job will start with performing and optimizing technical customer service. Additionally you will be collecting and analyzing product performance and quality data in order to propose and implement a wide range of improvements in producibility, quality, performance, reliability, serviceability and user features. Your tasks and responsibilities include:
- Collect and analyze performance and quality data, setup KPI and trend reports;
- Propose product and production improvements;
- Interact with customers regarding technical product issues and complaints, perform root cause investigations and resolve complaints;
- Maintain the product risk management file;
- Perform 2D and 3D engineering;
- Maintain the product BOM, drawings and specifications;
- Coordinate with suppliers to implement design and production changes;
- Verification and validation;
- Create service instructions and maintain the service manual and spare parts list;
- Perform onsite customer service for installation, maintenance and repair.
We are looking for a team member who shares our enthusiasm for Concord, someone who believes as strongly as we do that this new care approach should become standard of care. You will be a key member of our team to make this happen. This is an exciting and broad engineering role in which you can make real impact. You have following qualifications:
- Degree in mechanical engineering, you work at bachelor level;
- At least 3 years experience in a mechanical engineering or comparable role;
- Experience in medical device product development and knowledge of ISO13485 and MDD/MDR is preferred;
- Ability to work with 2D and 3D CAD (e.g. Inventor);
- You are curious and explorative, you have an analytic work methodology and like challenges and solving problems;
- You are a 100% committed to customer success.
Do you share our passion to change the lives of many babies around the world, do you enjoy working in a dynamic start-up environment, and do you fit the profile? In that case we are looking forward to meeting you. Please reach out to Rianne Rotink via email@example.com and apply with your resume and motivation.