NLC is building a venture developing a solution that enables safe extramural phototherapy for newborns with hyperbilirubinemia (jaundice, affecting up to 20% of newborns). We are looking for a Healthtech Project Leader experienced with early stage medical device product development.
Ledskin’s innovative product ‘Bilihome’, allows parents to enjoy their newborns at home when they require light therapy, instead of having to stay at the hospital. It makes additional venipunctures and heel-pricks for measuring blood bilirubin levels obsolete. Therefore, Bilihome offers an all-in-one solution to reduce hospital stay and increase patient friendliness.
To prepare for international market entry and eventually exit it to a suitable partner, the current challenge is to guide Bilihome through the next steps in product development, clinical studies and CE marking. The Project Leader we are looking for will play an important and active role in product development, managing external parties and raising non-dilutive financing. Working closely with the inventors Rick Wielens, Harry Sprengers, Joost Verhoeks, and NLC your key responsibilities will be:
- Define project strategy & goals, project plan and timelines;
- Gather additional market insights;
- Guide technical development including clinical evidence and CE marking by managing Key Opinion Leaders;
- Lead transition from development to production including selecting co-development partners and contractors;
- Attract non-dilutive funding for the venture in collaboration with NLC and our partners.
- Extensive experience as a project manager in guiding product development and certification for medical devices (class 3 preferred);
- Team player with an entrepreneurial drive and abilities to set up and execute an action oriented strategy;
- Preferably experience in both intra- and extramural markets.
We offer a long term contracted position for approximately 1 day per week with flexible working hours. Would you enjoy contributing to the development of a medical device that will significantly improve the diagnosis and treatment of newborns suffering from jaundice?
Please contact Eva van Rooijen, Talent Manager at NLC via firstname.lastname@example.org.