Many diseases are diagnosed or monitored via blood tests. Home blood collection is an attractive solution for many indications that require either regular monitoring (e.g. recurring or chronic diseases) or would benefit from remote monitoring (e.g. infectious or debilitating diseases).
SelfSafeSure Blood Collection Devices BV offers the features that current solutions lack, including the accuracy, ease-of-use, and compatibility with clinical analyzers to replace the need for blood collection in a clinical setting.
At the moment, SelfSafeSure Blood Collection Devices BV is being pivoted towards infectious diseases such as COVID-19 and prostate cancer. Many other indications are possible and the CEO will take an active role in the direction of the company moving forward.
The Startup CEO
The Startup CEO will be responsible for developing and leading the startup company, actively supported by NLC The Healthtech Venture Builder. Your main responsibilities will be:
- Fundraising: Money is needed to set up manufacturing, clinical trials and commercialisation;
- Clinical & Regulatory development: The gathering of additional clinical evidence for CE and FDA certification;
- Networking: Build a network of KOL’s and early-adopters;
- Commercial: Prepare and initiate the go-to-market strategy of a medical device in Europe and the US in a highly competitive market, including identification of the most promising applications.
- Entrepreneurial drive: Seizes opportunities for building value, competitive advantage, and profitable revenue; a strong sense of urgency in action and decision, always keeping the business impact in mind.
- Action-oriented: Sets challenging goals and a clear path to achieving them; sets priorities and makes choices; leverages expertise of others.
- Strong networker: Understands care settings and stakeholders’ preferences/needs for efficient workflow as well as earning models, ideally within blood collection or disease monitoring.
Your track record includes success in:
- Strategic leadership in the area of R&D and manufacturing, able to scale up quickly, ideally in a startup setting;
- Overall leadership of a company, business or (development) program with P&L responsibility, including leading multidisciplinary teams and responsibility for Finance;
- New product launches, including knowledge of up- and downstream marketing;
- (Overseeing) regulatory approval of medical devices in Europe and the USA.
- The CEO is attracted to equity-based remuneration and accepts tying initial cash compensation to the success of funding the company.
- Co-funding is possible and stimulated;
- The successful applicant will be based in Europe.
Candidates who meet these criteria are encouraged to contact Iselde van Beurden via firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We look forward to hearing from you!