Research groups from the German Cancer Center and Heidelberg Hospital have developed a deep-learning algorithm to classify brain tumors based on the methylation profile of molecular tests. The product currently classifies over 100 types of brain tumors with a specificity of +/- 80%. A more accurate diagnosis of tumor type can lead to better treatment decisions.
This invention got published in Nature.
The Startup CEO
The Startup CEO will build an organisation that classifies brain tumors based on molecular profiling (microarrays) through a deep-learning algorithm which can then be used for diagnosis and planning treatment. You will work closely with inventors Andreas von Deimling and Stefan Pfister and NLC. Your responsibilities include:
- The development and execution of the commercial and overall business strategy.
- Raise funding for further product development, certification and market entry.
- Manage the certification process for the molecular diagnostic test (device).
- Set up, certify and commercially manage diagnostic labs. (Depending on the business strategy chosen).
- Entrepreneurial drive.
- Developing action oriented strategy.
- Executing plans. Project Management with strong problem solving skills.
- Leading individuals and teams.
- Networking and influencing at all levels of seniority.
- Academic qualifications
- Professional experience to embody the required competencies and demonstrated track record in the field of Molecular Diagnostics.
- Carried overall responsibility for a company, business or (development) program.
- Experience with developing, marketing or licensing medical software or cloud based services.
- Ideally experience setting up a diagnostic laboratory. Alternatively having managed a diagnostic lab.
- Fluent in English and ideally in German.
- The CEO is interested in equity-based remuneration and accepts tying initial cash compensation to the success of founding and funding the company.
- Co-funding is possible
Curious to learn more? Please contact Eva van Rooijen, Talent Manager at NLC via: email@example.com