CUDI BV is a NLC venture developing a more user-friendly, faster and cost-effective way to diagnose and monitor prostate cancer. We are looking for a healthcare entrepreneur (or executive with entrepreneurial drive) to lead this early stage startup as the CEO.
The current standard of care for diagnosis and monitoring of prostate cancer are systematic biopsies. Contrast Ultrasound Dispersion Imaging (CUDI) allows identification of presence of prostate cancer, so the urologist can specifically take biopsies in these high-risk locations, rather than the entire prostate. This can be used to reduce the amount of biopsies taken, which reduces complications associated with systematic biopsies (infections, pain, bleeding, detection of clinically insignificant prostate cancer).
CUDI enables a faster and more user-friendly way of diagnosing and monitoring prostate cancer:
- directly useable by the urologist, without the need to expensive radiology by means of MRI
- allowing the application of targeted biopsies rather than extensive systematic biopsies
- increasing compliance of patients in active surveillance programs by eliminating redundant biopsies
The Startup CEO
The CEO will be responsible for developing and executing the overall business strategy, working closely with the inventors Massimo Mischi and Hessel Wijkstra at the Technical University of Eindhoven and actively supported by NLC I The Healthtech Venture Builder.
- Raise (non-dilutive) funding for the development of a field-deployable MVP (minimal viable product).
- Direct ongoing product development in collaboration with the scientific team
- Establish strategic partnerships, in particular for development and commercialization.
- Successfully guide regulation process: (Manage the) Identification of the right regulatory path to the market, implementing quality standards and obtaining CE marking
- Build up and manage the core team
- Develop a viable exit strategy
- Entrepreneurial drive.
- Developing action oriented strategy.
- Executing plans. Project Management with strong problem solving skills.
- Leading individuals and teams.
- Networking and influencing at all levels of seniority.
- Academic qualifications.
- Professional experience to embody the required competencies.
- Carried overall responsibility for a company, business or (development) program.
- Experience establishing successful strategic relationships, ideally for development and commercialization.
- Strong deal making experience, ideally including dilutive fund raising experience.
- Knowledge of clinical practice, ideally in the field of Urology, Oncology or Ultrasound.
- Product development experience. Ideally in the field of regulated ultrasound devices or medical software.
- As CEO you are responsible for further developing and executing the strategy. You lead the venture and you are actively supported by NLC.
- You will receive an equity-based remuneration and accept tying initial cash compensation to the success of founding and funding the company.
- Co-funding is possible
Do you want to play a key role in improving the way we diagnose and monitor prostate cancer?
Please contact Eva van Rooijen, NLC The Healthtech Venture Builder via: email@example.com