Realising innovation in healthcare by establishing startups around promising medical technologies
NLC was founded on one simple observation: at least 95 percent of healthtech inventions never reach the patient, regardless of their relevance or brilliance. We decided to call this opportunity by bringing together the best tech, the best capital, and the best people to build life-changing ventures. Having founded over 20 ventures, we are now expanding to a European level and are therefore looking for a Venture Developer, to boost this growth and help inventions all over Europe succeed on a global level.
You will make sure we select the best technologies by developing and maintaining relationships with scientific institutes and corporates across Europe. You will have a leading role in venture building, from scouting inventions to growth of ventures: perform market research, market and competitive analyses, visit conferences, and much more! Together with the inventor, and the CEO that we recruit, you will craft business plans, financial models and investment plans to ensure successful financing and launch of the new venture. This will involve talking to end users as well as other stakeholders like strategic partners, IP lawyers, medical specialists, regulatory experts and subsidy advisors. Based on your experience, you will also play a central role in continuously improving the quality, speed and efficiency of the NLC venture building process.
- Academic Master’s degree.
- Background and active network in the healthtech sector (academic and corporate).
- 3-6 years’ experience, in a combination of at least two of the following fields (in random order):
- Technological product development and commercialisation.
- Professional (strategy) consulting or similar project based environment.
- Venture capital (deal making, raising capital) or corporate finance.
- Startup, venture builder, incubator or accelerator.
- Curious, out of the box thinker with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Fluent in English and ideally in German.
- Experience within innovative start up environment is a plus.
- Your chance to step into the new and fast-growing market of international healthtech venture building, in a position from which you can boost NLC and influence its course.
- Be part of the high energy and self-starter environment needed for fast professional development, supported by experienced NLC directors and leading industry experts from our ecosystem.
- Remuneration at par with startup industry, including equity.
- Working from the NLC offices in Amsterdam (initially), expanding to the European mainland.
Does your potential match our ambition? Please reach out to Johanneke Maenhout via email@example.com with your CV and motivation letter.