Healthcare generates millions of tonnes of waste annually and has a higher CO2 footprint than
aviation. Do you have an idea of how to reduce this? A medical device, smart digital solution, or
hospital waste recycling idea? With our Green Health Challenge, NLC will support you so you won’t have to implement your impactful idea on your own.
Apply to the Green Health Challenge
To the application form
15th Sept 2022
What is NLC?
NLC is the European Healthtech Venture Builder. Our mission is to advance health by making impactful medical technologies accessible to patients. We achieve this by building startups following our unique NLC approach. Similar to climbing a mountain, many unexpected situations can occur while building a startup – we believe you need a team to reach the top, and we will be there with you every step of the way.
What can you expect from us? For the 10 winners of the challenge:
- Together, we will build a startup from your idea in just four months.
- Teaming – We will find a team and entrepreneur who understands the challenges ahead – hiring only when you fully trust their competencies and have a cultural fit.
- Financing – The startup will receive 100k in initial funding (link) from NLC funds once they have successfully completed the kickstarter Program. We can mobilise up to 5 million in the following rounds and will support the startup in securing external funding (non-dilutive & dilutive)
- Network – We will use our network and support system to build an environment in which the startup succeeds. Also, our startups get access to our network of over a thousand experts.
- Legal/Tech/Business support – Our expert teams will support the startup, including legal entity set-up, patent support, market development, financial strategy support, etc.
- Kickstarter Program – The startup team will undergo the comprehensive program, which consists of 20+ modules to give new ventures an optimal start
What do we expect from you?
- An idea or invention to make healthcare more sustainable that we can, together, turn into a startup.
- Finetune the business case in virtual mentoring sessions
- Availability on the workshop days (to be announced soon)
- Agree with our terms (you will build your startup together with NLC as co-founder)
“I have been working with NLC for a couple of years. From the first moment, NLC saw opportunities where I didn’t. Without the expertise and commitment of NLC, Nico.lab simply wouldn’t exist and we wouldn’t be able to help stroke patients this day.”
“When we first came to NLC, we had just developed a very promising product for improving bladder cancer diagnosis. With the expertise and guidance of NLC this product was turned into a promising business. NLC advised on estimating the risks, validating the medical need, and defining the path towards the first saleable product.”
“As a physician, I lack the knowledge and expertise to start a business and do not have time to get more education on this topic. NLC does have this expertise, and can therefore cover the new business information for me, so I can still focus on my clinical work.”