The position of Legal Counsel is a broad position, supporting both NLC and the ventures that are
built. You will work closely with the NLC business (venture partners and venture developers), venture
CEO’s and the other NLC legal team members. The Legal Counsel reports to the Lead Legal Counsel.
NLC offers a broad and challenging position in a lean and positive company culture with an innovative business model. You will be able to see the direct results of your work and be involved in a variety of topics. This position gives you the opportunity to work in diverse teams with highly experience professionals; ranging from your NLC colleagues to the venture CEO’s you regularly partner with. You have the chance to contribute to realising innovations with great impact on healthcare.
They are looking for someone who truly enjoys the variety and responsibility that comes with working
in a small, fast-growing and highly innovative company. The culture is entrepreneurial, professional,
positive and open. If you aim to make a real impact, you’ll fit right in. NLC has an employee stock option plan, giving you the opportunity to build an equity stake in NLC.
Your responsibilities include:
- Providing legal advice and support to NLC on setting up, developing, financing and divesting our
ventures (healthtech start-ups). This includes drafting/negotiation of relevant corporate and
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a variety of international contracts, including licensing
- Drafting templates for frequently used agreements;
- Support the development and implementation of legal tools and systems.
KEY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS &EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in law, European qualified;
- Between 5-8 years PQE as in-house counsel and/or in private practice;
- Knowledge of and experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating international contracts and
experience with corporate law;
- Experience with or affinity with Intellectual Property (IP) Law/Licensing, GDPR compliance;
- Experience in the healthcare (medical devices), life sciences and/or biotech industry is a plus;
- European nationality, Dutch is not required;
- Proficient English language skills;
- Pragmatic and hands-on, ‘can-do’ mentality;
- Proactive and open personality, good communication skills;
- Critical but service-minded at the same time;
- Team player, likes to work closely with the business at all levels;
- Thrives in a fast-pacing, dynamic and innovation-driven environment;
- Curious, eager to learn, willing to take on a variety of work.
Contact Remco Abeln, email@example.com, from Major, Lindsey & Africa, with any questions or your application.
At NLC, we believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer.